Usual arrival time is from 4pm onwards. If you wish to arrive either before 4pm or later in the evening please let us know by email or phone and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Do not hesitate to either ring or email us for any clarification or any further information. If you cannot remember what you wrote on your booking form, that’s a good reason for getting in touch! Facilities are listed on the individual accommodation pages.
What to Bring – Obviously not a definitive list, but a few handy hints!
- Slippers or indoor footwear.
- For hot tubbing, swimming costume and bath robe.
- Kitchen roll, toilet rolls, towels (unless pre-ordered) and extra tea towels (we provide one) and washing powder for the washing machine.
- In the winter, it gets dark early at Manesty and there are no street lights! We provide you with a rechargable torch, but we also advise you to bring your own, for those unexpected trips out into the dark.
- For the caravan, bring bed linen, unless you have specified on the booking form that you would like it provided.
- Remember, there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!
Extras – The following services are available; please contact us if you have any other requirements and we will do our best to help.
- To help you spend more time on the fells than in the supermarket, consider ordering your groceries online. The Workington branch of Tesco knows where we are, and Asda and Sainsbury also now deliver to the area, so the cupboards can be stocked just as you like them. Use c/o Leyland and our personal address (Youdale Knot, Manesty, Keswick CA12 5UG). Please book your delivery slot for after your anticipated arrival time and let us know so we can direct it to your cottage.
- We can help you organise local milk delivery, and can take delivery of flowers, parcels and post.
- If you like the idea of eating in your own cottage but are less keen on slaving over a hot stove, Cumbria Way Food have just started delivering to the area. They provide delicious, wholesome and locally sourced meals as well as the option of a welcome pack to give you a Cumbrian start to your week. Mention Manesty Holiday Cottages and they will know where to find us.
- J & J Graham of Penrith or Carrick’s of Penrith will deliver hampers of locally sourced sausage, ham, cheeses and chutneys. J & J Graham also provide hampers ‘especially to suit your taste’, which can be ordered by making a phone call to 01768 862281, and Carrick’s have a ‘design your own hamper’ section on their website. As with a Tesco delivery use our name and address and let us know.
- Towels are available on request for a small charge; please mark on the booking form.
- We provide complimentary Christmas trees at Christmas; bring your favourite decorations.
- You can book the hot tub in advance or, subject to availability, on arrival.
- Cots, high chairs, baby sitting available
- Specialist cooking equipment (blender, mixer, bread maker etc) is available on request.
Return to the Booking & Prices page, or return to the Homepage.