Cocklety How Stable Loft is part of Cocklety How, a converted 17th century barn that sits at the foot of Catbells overlooking the fields, woods and fells of Borrowdale. The large sitting room and sunny upstairs kitchen were completely refurbished in 2011 with lots of natural oak, slate and glass to give a bright modern feel. An interconnecting door allows the Stable Loft and Cocklety How Studio Apartment to be occupied together.
Suitable for up to 5 guests, with reductions for smaller parties of 3 or 4. Available for short breaks all year round.
- 3 bedrooms on the 1st floor
- 1 double room (standard double bed), with a view looking west up into the wood
- 1 double room (king size bed), with a view looking east over Borrowdale
- 1 single room (4ft wide large single bed) looking west towards heather garden and wooded fell
- 1 bathroom/wc with shower over the bath on the 1st floor
- 1 shower room/wc with underfloor heating on the ground floor
- Spacious, bright kitchen/dining room on the first floor
- British made fitted kitchen, built-in hob, built-in double oven
- Beautiful solid oak and local green slate worktops (from Lakeland Slate Co)
- Stunning view east over Borrowdale, whatever the weather!
- Large, light sitting room on the ground floor
- Sofa and 4 arm chairs (one reclining)
- Lovely view east over Borrowdale
- Large entrance hall with heated tiled floor and washing machine & drier
- The front rooms (sitting room, kitchen, 1 double room) and lawn look east over Borrowdale
- The back rooms (1 double bedroom and single room) and patio look towards heather garden and wooded fellside sheltering our resident tawny owl, woodpeckers and red squirrels
- Secluded back patio at first floor entrance level with table and chairs
- Sheltered front lawn with seating below gravelled area outside front door
- Parking for one car by the cottage and more off road parking nearby
We do not allow smoking inside any of our accommodation. Dogs & other pets are not permitted inside our accommodation or in the grounds.
View Manesty Holiday Cottages: Accessibility
Return to the Stay With Us page, or return to the Homepage.