High Seat is the southern farm building which was extended and converted into a detached bungalow in the 1960s. The huge picture windows looking south down the valley from the kitchen and sitting room flood the cottage with light and give it a distinctly 20th century feel, but the massive boulders in the walls of the bedrooms point to the cottage’s origins. Being all on one floor, High Seat is well-suited to families with young children and guests with restricted mobility. It’s also the cottage with easiest access to the hot tub.
Suitable for up to 5 guests, with reductions for smaller parties of 3 or 4.
- 2 bedrooms, both on the ground floor
- 1 double room (king size bed), with views towards wooded fellside and heather garden
- 1 family room (standard double bed and a single bed) looking across the valley
- 1 ground floor bathroom/wc with shower over bath and underfloor heating
- Dual aspect light and sunny kitchen/dining room on the ground floor
- Views south down Borrowdale towards Glaramara and west towards heather and azealia bed and wooded fellside with wildlife
- Very spacious, light and sunny dual aspect sitting room
- 3 armchairs, 1 sofa
- Spectacular view south towards Castle Crag and Glaramara also east across the valley towards King’s How
- Large sunny enclosed front porch with stunning views east towards Shepherds Crag, Kings How and the fells beyond, slate floor, cane furniture and table and chairs for dining or just relaxing
- Large back porch with tumble drier and plenty of space to hang outdoor gear
- Large picture windows in the dual aspect sitting room and kitchen capture views east, south & west towards fields, fells, gardens and woodland
- Woodland shelters our resident tawny owl, woodpeckers and red squirrels
- Front porch opens on to terraced gravelled area with seating
- Large lawn below with stone garden bench
- Easy access to wood and hot tub
- Parking for one car by the cottage and more off road parking nearby
We do not allow smoking inside any of our accommodation. Dogs & other pets are not permitted inside our accommodation or in the grounds.
View Manesty Holiday Cottages: Accessibility
Return to the Stay With Us page, or return to the Homepage.