Manesty Band sits on a rocky outcrop overlooking the fields, woods and fells of Borrowdale. The cottage was converted from a barn in the 19th Century and the Victorians added a lovely wooden porch and huge bay window to make the most of the spectacular view across the valley. The history of the building is reflected inside, with a roll-top bath, patchwork bedspreads and a mix of late 19th early 20th Century antiques. Manesty Band’s big country kitchen was completely refurbished in 2012 with beautiful solid oak and slate worktops, a range cooker and underfloor heating. Together with the large sitting room, there is plenty of space to socialise with friends and family. If you need more than four bedrooms, Manesty Band can be booked with High Seat, Manesty or Manesty Dairy, to sleep up to 14.
Suitable for up to 8 guests, with reductions for smaller parties of 6 or 7.
- 4 bedrooms, all on the first floor with stunning views east across Borrowdale
- 2 double rooms, 1 single room and 1 family room with a double and a single bed
- 1 bathroom/wc on the first floor with underfloor heating and a rain head shower over traditional roll top bath
- 1 shower room/wc on the first floor with underfloor heating
- 1 cloakroom wc on the ground floor
- Large and sociable country style kitchen/dining room on the ground floor
- Completely refurbished in 2012
- Slate and solid oak worktops
- Range style cooker with 5 hobs and 3 ovens
- Exposed beams, window seat looking out across the valley, antique dining table
- Washing machine and tumble drier in separate utility room
- Very spacious sitting room, converted from a barn in the Victorian era
- Almost floor to ceiling bay window which looks out across Borrowdale
- 3-seater sofa and 6 armchairs plus additional seats
- Uninterrupted views across Borrowdale towards Falcon Crag, Shepherds Crag and Kings How from all the rooms, both upstairs and downstairs
- Victorian porch leads gravelled area with garden furniture
- Large sloping lawn
- Panoramic view of Borrowdale from Skiddaw in the north, swinging round to Watendlath fells in the east, the high fells in the south and Maiden Moor in the west
- Parking for one car by the cottage and further off road parking nearby
We do not allow smoking inside any of our accommodation. Dogs & other pets are not permitted inside our accommodation or in the grounds.
View Manesty Holiday Cottages: Accessibility
Return to the Stay With Us page, or return to the Homepage.