Manesty is the heart of the original farmhouse and dates back to mediaeval times when Manesty was the northern outpost of Furness Abbey’s wool producing empire. The cottage has retained a wealth of original features, from a great slate table in the hallway to exposed beams and meat hooks in the kitchen and the original thumb-latch doors. Furnished in a lovely country cottage style, with antiques and pretty bedspreads, the cottage has a fully reburbished kitchen, complete with wood burning stove and underfloor heating. It is perfect for a family or a group of friends.
News! We’ve just finished Manesty’s luxurious new bathroom, with a lovely new white bathroom suite (including a big wide bath for relaxing), beautiful feature mosaic tiles, lots of local Lakeland green slate and a new pressurized hot water cylinder so the new shower over the bath is good and strong. Photos coming soon.
Suitable for up to 7 guests, with reductions for smaller parties of 5 or 6.
- 3 bedrooms, all on the first floor
- 2 double rooms looking north towards Skiddaw and Blencathra
- 1 family room with a double and a single bed with view east across Borrowdale
- 1 bathroom/wc on the first floor
- 1 shower room/wc on the ground floor
- Original farmhouse kitchen with local slate worktops
- Wood burner and underfloor heating
- Sociable sitting area so you can enjoy the fire in comfort
- Traditional pine dining table and oak dresser
- Exposed beams with original meat hooks in the ceiling
- Washing machine and tumble drier in separate utility room
- Cosy traditional sitting room at the front of the farmhouse
- View east across Borrowdale
- Period cast iron Victorian fireplace (not in use – there is no longer a chimney! But there is a fully functioning log burner in the kitchen)
- Comfy seating for 6 (a sofa and four armchairs)
- Large entrance hall, originally the farmhouse scullery
- Original stone slab worktop and bull’s-eye window
- Uninterrupted views across Borrowdale from the sitting room and family bedroom
- Other rooms look towards the peaks of Skiddaw and Blencathra
- Old garden/farmyard gateway leads to gravelled area with seating and lawn
- Panoramic view of Borrowdale from Skiddaw in the north, swinging round to Watendlath fells in the east, the high fells in the south & Maiden Moor in the west
- Parking for one car by the cottage and more off road parking nearby
We do not allow smoking inside any of our accommodation. Dogs & other pets are not permitted inside our accommodation or in the grounds.
View Manesty Holiday Cottages: Accessibility
Return to the Stay With Us page, or return to the Homepage.